The Verbio Team
Founded in 1996, Verbio is a full-service consulting group that creates and executes multicultural marketing, multilingual communications, and international trade consulting to help you succeed in reaching your customers across 250 languages, across media, and across diverse, global audiences. Verbio offers you the words that resonate with diverse groups (migrants, minority cultures, visually or hearing impaired, etc.) within your own community, plus international trade partners around the world. Whether your customer is the immigrant family down the street or a corporate buyer halfway around the world, Verbio gives you the right words in the right language.
Verbio has offices in Oregon, Washington State, Mexico, France and (coming soon) Spain, so we thoroughly understand the complexities of time zones and cultural barriers.
Our team is comprised of native-speakers of over 250 languages, who are experts in your industry or subject matter. We are translators, voice talent, graphic designers, interpreters, cultural consultants, and localization experts from around the world. We own a custom recording studio, run by sound engineers who direct our multilingual voice actors and record, edit, subtitle, and master your new audio or video project. In addition, our talented multicultural in-house team offers an array of technical and production skills, international trade expertise, and project management experience. We also take data protection laws and export controls seriously. All staff receives careful training on HIPAA, GDPR, ITAR, EAR, and other regulations to protect the integrity of your personal information and business secrets.
Why choose Verbio for your multicultural and multilingual projects?
- Export Council of Oregon & SW Washington (federal appointment)
- American Translators Association
- ATA’s Translation Company Division (Leadership Council)
- Association of Language Companies
- French-American Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors)
- Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Green America & Green Business Network
- Pacific Northwest Aerospace Alliance
- Pacific Northwest Defense Coalition
- The MOB Nation Alliance
Certifications and Compliance
- Certified Quality Management System under ISO 17100 for Translation Services
- Sworn translators for France and Spain
- Oregon Notary Public on staff
- Federally certified DBE
- Oregon-certified WBE, ESB, and DBE
- Washington-certified WBE
- Oregon Benefit Company (BLLC)
- Green-certified by Green America
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
Our core values and business practices promote and embrace social and environmental sustainability. Verbio is the only company in our industry to legally register as a Benefit Company, demonstrating our commitment to People, Planet and Profit, also known as the “Triple Bottom Line.” Read our Corporate Social Responsibility report.
Portland Business Journal selected Verbio as the #1 Most Diverse Company in Oregon and Southwest Washington!