Translation for Aerospace & Defense Manufacturers
Technical Communications + Export Compliance
Manufacturing for aerospace and defense requires a high level of technical and linguistic accuracy for communications in globalized industry verticals. Verbio offers secure, multilingual services tailored to the activities surrounding the aerospace and defense industries. Aerospace is an industry that encompasses complex relationships with multiple tiers of highly-specialized manufacturers, and we fully support your efforts in the air and on the ground.
The highly regulated sectors of aerospace and defense also rely on very tight controls over WHO has access to sensitive, technical information. Export Compliance (notably ITAR and EAR in the USA, as well as parallel regulations in other countries) requires you to maintain control of technical information and trade secrets. It is critically important that translators and interpreters working with your sensitive data conform to strict citizenship, residency, and need-to-know constraints. Verbio is well versed on international trade regulations and ensures secure data management and carefully screened language professionals.
Your compliance challenge:
- Perhaps you have been selling most production into the supply chain for one or two regional OEMs near your factory; let’s say Boeing. In order to grow your business further, you have an inherent need to promote sales to additional verticals, for instance, Airbus – which creates a potential language and culture gap.
- Although most business people speak some English, highly specialized engineering vocabulary is best understood in one’s native language. Thus, information needs to be accessible in French, German or other languages for it to truly resonate with your audience. It’s unwise to assume that all business people understand English. They may have basic English to begin conversations, but quickly become out of their depth when the conversation turns technical or legal. Then, there’s a matter of saving face versus admitting that s/he did not understand. We all face this even challenge of comprehending even without language barriers – think about conversing with an engineer you know.
- In parallel, you want assurances that your confidential or regulated data will remain protected at all stages with distribution limited to only those with the right citizenship and a need-to-know.
Verbio is your solution:
- With twin offices in the United States and the European Union, Verbio has segregated data systems to restrict access to technical information between Verbio (USA) versus Verbio Europa SL.
- Verbio has language professionals on both continents and experience in discretely assigning ITAR-controlled projects to US persons and European projects to European citizens.
- We localize websites, marketing videos, printed materials, and product catalogues because your prospective customer is 75% more likely to buy if the information is offered in their native language.
- We provide interpreters to support your sales negotiations and trade missions. Interpreters can come to you, can travel with you internationally, or can available remotely using our video remote interpreting app or telephone interpreting hotline. Bringing your own interpreter is valuable to ensure that your own best interests are protected and that contract terms are clearly understood by all, even if your counterpart offers to provide an interpreter or claims to understand English well enough.
- Our translators have specialized knowledge of manufacturing, electrical and electronic engineering, optics, avionics, etc. making them thoroughly capable of translating technical manuals, safety instructions, and product specifications.
- Our interpreters facilitate on-site training sessions for your sales team and technical training for your end-users. Including traveling internationally with your trainers.
- Verbio owns a recording studio to add subtitles and/or voice-over recordings to your training videos and interactive eLearning modules. This creates efficiency and ensures that all trainees receive identical training information. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA99mNrqRdU&t=20s
- ATA-certified translators and nationally certified interpreters
- We operate our own servers in Tier III data centers to ensure data is transferred and stored securely; not cloud-based IT
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified
- ISO 17100:2015 Certified
- ATA Process Guidelines
- American Translators Association (ATA)
- Certified Translations for U.S.A.
- Sworn Translators for France & Spain
- Court-Certified Interpreters
CERTIFIED DATA SECURITY
- ITAR/EAR Export Controls
- Secure IT Infrastructure
- Secure Data Transfer
- GDPR Compliance
- #1 Most Diverse Business in Oregon
- Women-Owned Small Business (WBE, DBE, and ESB certifications in Oregon and Washington)
- Oregon Benefit Company
- Green America’s Silver Certification