HIPAA & HITECH Compliance
Manufacturers of medical devices and pharmaceuticals sell products in a heavily regulated, global market. Device instructions must be provided in clear, technical terminology so a surgeon or doctor can safely understand and use the device. Sales distributors and marketing teams need consistent messaging and training to best promote their devices. Regulatory bodies keep a watchful eye for export compliance and labeling compliance.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act – HIPAA is a federal law that required the creation of national standards to protect sensitive patient health care information from being disclosed without the patient’s consent or knowledge.
Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act – HITECH was created to promote and expand the adoption of health information technology, specifically, the use of electronic health records (EHRs) by healthcare providers.
- Consistent marketing messages across your global markets
- Confidentially communicate about intellectual property
- Export compliance
- Translating instructions or operator manuals
- Translating labels and package inserts
- Training a global sales force using live interpreters or multilingual eLearning modules
- Localizing your website to present and sell your products
- Localizing the user interface on devices
- Interpreting for patients during clinical trials and translating research publications
Verbio is your solution:
- Experienced human translators for 200 languages
- Certified medical interpreters for spoken languages and ASL
- ISO 17100 compliant translation process
- HIPAA compliance
- EAR/ITAR export compliance: U.S. translators who are native speakers of foreign languages
- Specialists in medical terminology
- Technology tools to ensure consistent terminology across products